This complimentary run camp is open to runners of all levels whether you are just getting started or you are a seasoned runner looking to improve your speed, form, or endurance. Come run with us and Coach Ron of the MN Reds in this relaxed, non-competitive atmosphere. Guaranteed to be a fun run for all!
- Monday – Intro to Running … Focus on how to start a running program, talk about proper footwear, clothes, and nutrition for running. Then take off for a short run followed by a Q&A session.
- Tuesday – Intro to Proper Hill Training One of the best and most thorough ways to gain fitness, strength, and efficiency. We will concentrate on form while running short hills.
- Wednesday: Intro to Proper Endurance Running We’re not talking about a 50 mile stretch here, the run will be just long enough to show you how to improve your cardio system.
- Thursday - Intro to Proper Speed Training ***Meet at the Edina Track at the Community Center**** Learn how to increase your speed with interval sprint training.
- Friday - Recap of the Week Basic overview of learned run skills along with feedback from the week’s activities. Each day will be concluded with a brief Q&A session with Coach Ron.
August 6-10, 2012
Lake Harriet Bandshell (except Thursday, which is at the Community Center)
No need to sign up, just show up!