The Ordway is standing with New Dawn Theatre and other Twin Cities theaters to present free outdoor screenings of A Breath for George, a collection of songs, interviews, and poems produced by New Dawn Theatre in collaboration with Minnesota artists.
The film will honor Mr. Floyd’s life, speaks to this moment and past moments openly and honestly, and share avenues which promote hope and positive changes for the future. A Breath for George gives voices to the ways Black citizens and residents historically have been negatively affected emotionally, physically, and financially by systemic racism and nationwide police violence.
Limited space available. Please RSVP with your name and number of attendees to [email protected]. Screenings are free and open to the public. Donations can be made to local charities
- WHAT: A Breath for George, a collection of songs, interviews, and poems to honor the life of George Floyd.
- WHEN: Saturday, June 27 at 8:00pm. The screening is 60 minutes.
- WHERE: Ordway stage door and loading dock area on 5th Street.
- WHAT TO BRING: A lawn chair and a face mask. Social distancing measures will be in place.
- PARKING: Please use available street parking and nearby ramps.
- MORE INFO AND RESOURCES: Visit http://
Event will be rescheduled in the event of rain or inclement weather. Please note there will be no access to the building restrooms.