Northern Spark is one of the greatest festivals of the year! It’s art, it’s culture, it’s community engagement and exploration at its finest. In my opinion, it’s an event not to be missed.
Northern Spark is a portal to a new experience of the Twin Cities. Throughout the night we each pick a route accompanied by friends or in the companionship of familiar strangers. Together we look at art, experience community in a new way, and see the cities in a new light.
As they say, with almost 80 projects and 508 minutes, there is a lot to see and experience at Northern Spark. Therefore, you want to plan your night at least somewhat in advance. Click here for guides and here for the mobile app.
RECOMMENDED EVENT: Group bike ride/ dance party to Northern Spark wtih Tipsy bike (family friendly). Click here for all the details.
OTHER NOTEWORTHY EXHIBITIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Start your night with an opening concert with Mayda, 8:30 pm, Amtrak Platform.
- Dance like it’s 1959 at the Ordway’s Sock Hop, 9:30 pm (lessons), 10:30 pm (dance), Union Depot Waiting Room.
- Board the Jonathan Padelford for a sunrise cruise with upside down stories of the river by Works Progress, 3:30 – 5 am, Lower Landing.
- Get spooked at Ghosts of the Twin Cities, 8:58 pm – 5:26 am, Twin Cities Public Television.
- Request a love letter, to whomever or whatever you wish. It will be typed for them on a Smith-Corona Classic 12 while you wait, Love Letters in Lowertown, 8:58 pm – 5:26 am, Black Dog Coffee & Wine Bar.
- Sunrise Yoga with Gorilla Yogis, 4:30 am – 5:26 am, Lower Landing, North Sibley Street & County Highway 36.
Click here to read my post from last year highlighting some of the fun.
Saturday, June 8, 2013
8:58pm-5am (that’s right, 5AM!, get ready to pull an all-nighter!)