Northern Spark 2015 is June 13, 2105. This free, dusk till dawn festival is not to be missed.
When the sun sets at 9:00 pm and the church bells ring (listen!), the city awakes to a new sense of possibility. For 8 hours and 26 minutes the city surprises you: friendly crowds, ambitious art projects, an unexpected path through the urban landscape, the magic of sunrise after a night of amazing experiences.
My top picks for exhibitions include:
- Mill City Summer Opera Hear the stars and members of the ensemble as they take you on a musical journey twisting classical music and popular genres into one exciting evening of music.
- Marketopia Part financial counseling session, part walk-through board game, part hands-on microeconomics lesson, and part flea market from another planet, Marketopia challenges audiences to re-examine and confront preconceptions of their own material needs and desires.
- Game Bar UCLA Game Lab’s Game Bar offers varietals of games and Fulton Brewery libations alike. Witness and engage with games across platforms and formats—enter virtual realities, projection installations and performances; sit down for a board game; or pick up a deck of cards designed to question racial bias.
- Revolver Write Fight III WF is a single elimination tournament pitting writers against one another on typewriters.
- Tron Human Foosball Tron Human Foosball is a scaled up, outdoor version of the classic table soccer game. Human players are “skewered” on court-wide rods that mimic traditional foosball and allow only lateral movement in pursuit of goal-scoring.
- Disco Roller Printing Party Roller-skate to the disco sounds of the 1970s while you experiment with several printmaking techniques.
Pro Tip: Use their mobile app to navigate and plan your evening
Saturday, June 13, 2015
Locations all around the Twin Cities, click here for an event map