There was great anticipation for the lululemon Warehouse Sale that started this morning bright and early at 8am. Well, it started at 8am for some but a few on twitter mentioned they got in line as early as 5am! The line grew long and many had to wait outside in the cold (large jackets are not allowed but a coat check is provided). As I’m writing this post, the line estimate is about 3-4 hours to get inside the sale. I don’t know about you, but these prices cannot justify missing hours of work… or life.
So what is one to do if you had been saving up to splurge on workout gear but do not want to put up with the insanity of the warehouse sale? Have no fear, you have options. Here’s my best advice…
- Realize that lululemon items go on sale in stores for similar prices. Check the website and your local stores regularly and you’ll find things you like in your sizes occasionally. Sure it takes some work, but you can combine your search with their free weekly workouts.
- Know that lululemon has an outlet store at the Albertville Premium Outlets so you can visit any day of the week without a line
- The Nordstrom Rack in Maple Grove has an impressive athletic wear section for women. You can find comparatively nice Prana & Alo gear for steep discounts (among other brands).
- Never underestimate Marshalls and TJ Maxx for athletic wear
- Target’s C9 by Champion line frequently has some VERY cute and affordable options