https://www.phenomnaltwincities.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/joy-ride-2015.png 111 300 Stephanie Kwong https://www.phenomnaltwincities.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/logo22-400x1271.png Stephanie Kwong2015-04-22 14:21:382015-04-22 11:56:28The Joy Ride 2015 – A smorgasbord of bike fun
The Joy Ride is truly a smorgasbord of bike fun. Hop on wherever or ride from open to close on May 2, 2015 11 a.m. – 2 a.m. Here’s the schedule for this wonderful, free event!
- Cycling Museum of Minnesota Open House 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. CMM Showroom, 2nd floor, Recovery Bike Shop, 2504 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418.
The Cycling Museum of Minnesota is opening its doors for a spring open house. Stop in to view the latest additions to our collection, share your best biking stories, and connect with fellow cycling enthusiasts. Family friendly, free and open to the public.
- Spinning Stories Meeting at 12 p.m., Recovery Bike Shop, 2504 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418.
We ride bikes. We tell stories. We make connections. Join us for a muppet-paced group ride celebrating some of the people, places, and stories that make the Twin Cities unique. Three stories, two wheels, one afternoon. Every Story Happened Somewhere. Featured readers include: Cynthia McArthur, AmySalloway, and Robin Garwood.
- Goldstein Museum of Design Open: 1:30 to 5:00 p.m. 241 McNeal Hall, 1985 Buford Avenue, Saint Paul.
Can you remember the joy of your first bicycle ride? The varied roads, paths, and terrains of Minnesota are filled with savvy designs by innovative cyclists who draw on an innate appetite for riding.The Goldstein Museum of Design’s exhibition Design Cycles: A Bike Show celebrates the bicycle-related work of regional designers, builders, and collectors.
- Superhero Storytelling Ride meeting at 5 pm, at Goldstein Museum of Design 241 McNeal Hall, 1985 Buford Avenue, Saint Paul. Storytelling from 6 to 9 p.m., at Grumpy’s Bar & Grill 111 Washington Ave South, MPLS, MN.
Get your Superhero On! Join us in your Superhero Costume to tell your story. How has riding your bike changed your life? What’s your funniest story? Where has biking taken you? We’ll meet at the Goldstein Museum and head to “Free Comic Book Day” at . Then, we’ll hit the stage at Grumpy’s Downtown, where you’ll have the chance to tell your story!
- 30 Days of Biking Wrap Party: Dance Bunnies Bike Ride: Meeting 9 p.m. at Grumpy’s Bar & Grill 111 Washington Ave South, MPLS, MN Dancing: 9:45 p.m. to 2 a.m. at honey mpls 205 East Hennepin Ave, MPLS, MN.
You rode every day in April. Now let’s dance in May! After storytelling time, we’ll group ride from Grumpy’s to Honey, and shake our bunny tails off to DJ Jonathan Ackerman. Purchasing a $10 dance wristband from 30 Days of Biking, only available at Grumpy’s, will gain you entry and a first drink discount, with $2 from each wristband sold benefitting Free Bikes 4 Kidz.
SPONSORED BY: Anelace Coffee, Recovery Bike Shop, KIND and The Current.