Birds chirp, leaves bud, baseball starts, taxes are due… THIS is when you know it’s time for NE Minneapolis’ signature community-building event, the Hotdish Revolution!
Whose tater tots will be the crispiest? Whose Jell-O sculpture will astound and amaze? As always, we hope you’ll try your hand at entering a creative hotdish and that you’ll bring your friends to stack the vote for you.
Part fundraiser for HNIA Holland Neighborhood Improvement Association, part quintessential community-building gala for NE Minneapolis, the event is a gleeful contest for hotdish makers and Jell-O aficionados, as local “celebrity” judges decide who will reign supreme in a number of casseroles (gasp! the “C-word” is prohibited!) categories… um… we mean *hotdish* categories! After the winners are chosen, everyone gets to sample the offerings against a backdrop of music, local craft beer, and general revelry.
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Doors open at 4:00pm:
– Hotdish entry check-in: 4:00-4:30pm
– Judging: 4:30-5:00pm
– Dining: after 5:00pm
– Entries accepted ONLY until 4:30pm
– Admission: FREE if entering a hotdish or Jello-O
– $10 without a hotdish or Jell-O
– Kids 10 and under FREE
– NE Brew District Beer Tasting: $10/flight
– “Wall of Beer” a.k.a. the “Beeramid” raffle generiously donated by Central Ave Liquor
– Tater Tot Excellence
– I Made It! (kids)
– Darn Good
– Fins & Feathers
– Jell-O Competition
– People’s Choice (voted on by your fellow attendees)