Consider a day or overnight trip to Lanesboro, MN. Lanesboro is a great destination about 2 hours southeast of the Metro Area. The drive down is gorgeous and will take you through rolling countryside and farmland.
Why visit Lanesboro? Here’s just a sampling of what you can do!
- The Root River State Trail for biking along the river and limestone bluffs. Bikes are available on-site for rental.
- Pedal Pushers Cafe for locally sources grass-fed burgers served with fried cheese on top! AMAZING! I also recommend the farm fresh chocolate milk.
- Das Wurst Haus – The meat, bread, sauerkraut, and mustard for their brats, Reubens, and other German sandwiches are all homemade. They also brew their own root beer!
- Tubing, kayaking or canoeing down the Root River (rentals available)
- Caves for exploring
- Many bed and breakfasts if you wish to stay overnight (Anna V’s breakfast is shown below)
See the pictures below for pictures I took a few years ago in Lanesboro!