Image: H. L. Judd Manufacturing Company (Connecticut, c. 1830-1960s), “Bull Dog, Standing, Coin on Tongue” mechanical bank, c. 1887, iron, pigment. Gift of Katherine Kierland Herberger 2003.236.19. More: http://ow.ly/A49OJ
The Minneapolis Institute of Arts going to the dogs! Bring your pooch to an outdoor afternoon of dogs and art.
- Dress (your dog) to impress for an artful puppy parade.
- Read Scooby’s mind with Animal Bridges | Animal Communicator and Wellness.
- Mark your territory on a paw-print collaborative mural with Lintu Art: Sarah Thornton.
- Romp, relax, or howl to live music from Savannah Smith.
- Get to the bottom of dog behavior with Bark Busters Home Dog Training Minneapolis West.
- Track a scent to canines in the MIA collection.
- Pose your pup for a custom caricature from artist Zack Wallenfang (http://ow.ly/A47Ox).
- Mug with your mutt for the SidewalkDog.com photobooth.
- Take home your doggie’s pawtograph.
- Get fixed up in style with Westgate Pet Clinic
- Plus, learn the finer points of pet adoption from the Animal Humane Society and Leech Lake Legacy
And please, remember to keep your dog on a leash and pick up after your pooch! ScoopyPoo….DoggyDooPickUp will be on hand with baggies.
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Minneapolis Institute of Arts
This event is a no-go if it’s raining
Have an itch to boogie down? Want to support your favorite businesses in a fun way? Then, pull out that old b-boy track suit and bust out the boombox because Yelp Twin Cities is bringing you a bumpin’ party full of complimentary savory morsels, refreshing sips, and other fantastic fun!
Yelp Breaks It Down pops off in Minneapolis on Friday, September 26 from 8-10 PM at non-profit dance theater The Cowles Center. Mason’s Restaurant & Barre, right next door, will also open its doors to the Yelp Community for the bash.
It’s FREE to attend, but consider donating to our non-profit sponsor, which is one of The Cowles Center’s awesome youth outreach programs: The Distance Learning Program. Read more about it below.
This super fun event is open for all to attend but you gotta get on the guest list as capacity is limited! To get on the list…
- 1. Create a Yelp account or sign into your account
- Check your personal Yelp profile settings to make sure your first and last name are associated with your account. (Note: only your last initial will be visible publicly). yelp.com/profile.
- Upload a profile picture of yourself. (You also are probably more likely to get on the list if you have a relatively complete profile that indicates you are a fun, social person and not a psychopath).
- RSVP on the upper-right corner of this page. (Please include your guest’s full name too.)
- Wait patiently for a confirmation email. They go out periodically, rather than daily. ONLY those with email confirmations will be on the guest list.
- If you receive a confirmation email, let’s party!
Friday, September 26, 2014
The Cowles Center
$5 Donation Requested
Save an extra 20% off on Living Social daily deals with coupon code LABORDAY20. Code expires September 1, 2014.
Babes in Bikeland, a bike race and ride for women/trans*/femme (WTF) cyclists is back for its eighth year. Expect a 20 mile course through Minneapolis, stopping at parks and cool businesses along the way.
This event aims to be a fun and supportive environment for all types of WTF riders. Go far and fast if you want to win, or roll around in costumes with friends for an afternoon to remember.
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Start is at Boom Island Park at 4pm
Registration is $5 and a t-shirt is $10. Click here to register online. Pre-registration is not required.
With this printable coupon, receive B1G1 free beverages at Jamba Juice. Offer expires September 1, 2014.
With this printable coupon, receive up to 4 free tickets to Being Again at participating AMC Theaters. Coupon is valid August 29-Sept. 1, 2014.
The latest film from writer-director John Carney (ONCE), BEGIN AGAIN is a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when lost souls meet and make beautiful music together. Gretta (Keira Knightley) and her long-time boyfriend Dave (Adam Levine) are college sweethearts and songwriting partners who decamp for New York when he lands a deal with a major label. But the trappings of his new-found fame soon tempt Dave to stray, and a reeling, lovelorn Gretta is left on her own. Her world takes a turn for the better when Dan (Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing on an East Village stage and is immediately captivated by her raw talent. From this chance encounter emerges an enchanting portrait of a mutually transformative collaboration, set to the soundtrack of a summer in New York City. BEGIN AGAIN is produced and financed by Exclusive Media and produced by Anthony Bregman, Tobin Armbrust and Judd Apatow.
With this ESPN deal, receive two $25 vouchers to Rock Bottom Brewery in Minneapolis for $25. Only one voucher can be used per visit. Only 100 of these deals will be made available starting August 27, 2014.
Rock Bottom Brewery
800 Lasalle Avenue #125
Minneapolis, MN 55402